Today, the Government has announced all public schools in Western Australia will remain open until the end of term – Thursday, 9 April 2020.
However, families are now encouraged to keep their children at home if they have the capacity to do so. The Department’s learning from home resources are available to them.
What this means for your school is:
- From Monday, 30 March to Friday, 3 April all children who attend school will be taught as normal.
- The following week (6 to 9 April) teachers and education assistants will prepare teaching programs for Term 2.
- During this time (6 to 9 April), students who attend school will be supervised.
The Government recognises there will still be families who need to send their children to school to continue their learning during this period. These may include:
- Children of parents and carers who need their children to attend school to maintain employment.
- Children who live in families with aged relatives.
- Children where it is safer for them to be at school.
Please continue to access https://www.education.wa.edu.au/learning-at-home to support online learning and ensure you are signed up to Skoolbag and/or check our website carlisleps.wa.edu.au for future updates.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding at this time and look forward to sharing information with you as it becomes available. If you have any questions in the meantime please email email@example.com.