Enrolment - Enrolment Information

To enrol at Carlisle Primary School there are a number of eligibility requirements.

Read the guidelines below to find out how to enrol:

You will require the following documents: 

  • Birth certificate (See more information below)
  • Immunisation Records (You can ask at Medicare for a copy or phone Immunisation Register on 1800 671 811) (See more information below)
  • Proof of residence
  • Family Court Orders (If applicable)
  • Medical Issues Information
  • Special Needs Information/Documents from specialist assessments etc (See more information below)

Birth Certificate

A birth certificate or extract of birth or passport must be presented at enrolment. Students will be placed in the year of study corresponding to their age group. 

Special Needs

Parents of students with special needs are asked to contact the school and discuss the needs of their child at enrolment to ensure the most appropriate program is put in place to meet the needs of their child.

 Immunisation Records

A child’s immunisation is expected to be up-to-date upon entry to school. These include Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Whooping Cough, Diphtheria and Tetanus. 

 Overseas Students

If you are/were on a visa, you will also require the following documents: 

  • Visa documents/Visa Grant Number
  • Passport
  • Australian Citizen Certificate
  • Proof Of Permanent Residency 

Students born overseas must hold either an Australian passport or appropriate visa before applying to the school. Students who do not hold an Australian passport must present their passport and visa paperwork at the time of Enrolment. Depending on the visa number, you may need to first apply through TIWA (Click on the link below to be redirected to the website)

(Tafe International Western Australia - www.tafeinternational.wa.edu.au) 


You need to apply to enrol your children in a public primary school or high school for 2019 if they are:

  • starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2019
  • starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2019
  • starting Year 7, the first year of secondary school
  • changing schools.

All children of compulsory school age (Pre Primary to Year 12) must be enrolled in school and attend every day – this is the law.

In Western Australia, children can start their education in Kindergarten, however compulsory schooling starts the following year in Pre-primary.

All children must attend school up until they have completed year 12. Sixteen and seventeen year olds must be enrolled in school or a training organisation, be employed or be in a combination of school/training/employment.

Every child from Pre-primary to Year 12 is guaranteed a place at their local public school.